MailTend is a small application that alerts you when email arrives in your mailbox.
- Choose how often you want to check for new mail.
- Quickly preview sender and subject fields.
- Run MailTend automatically when you log on to your computer.
- Disable mail checking when you are not connected to the Internet.
The current version of MailTend is 0.9.1.0. It is not considered complete, but it functions quite well.
Here’s a sample image, if you want to see what MailTend looks like:
- A POP3 email account
- Windows 95, 98, ME, NT 4.0, 2000, XP, Vista or Windows 7.
- MailTend is not designed to work with proxy servers. You may be unable to connect to your mail server if you need to use a proxy.
The above downloads include the source code. You can also download the source code separately in the following zip file.